Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Back

Okay, so it has been a while. Stuff happens. Nothing exciting enough to post. Or maybe I just couldn't get around to it.

This time I'll try harder.

Let's start with a play I recently saw. It is "Clutter: The True Story of the Collyer Brothers Who Never Threw Anything Out" Well written, cleverly staged and creatively acted. It is the work of Mark Saltzman, who also writes for the Muppets. I am sure that the set designer had a grand time assembling the props that make up the brothers hoard.

After seeing the play, I searched the web (read Googled) for more about the Collyers. A strange family. The parents were first cousins, the father an eccentric ob/gyn, the mother a singer of opera. The filled house was possibly more packed than some that are shown on "Hoarders". Here are some photos of the actual Collyer NYC townhouse.








See the play if you can, and in the meantime, I'm going to throw out a few things.

No comments: