Sunday, October 22, 2006

Food, Friends and Knitting

Once a month, we have dinner with eight friends. Each person brings a pre-chosen course and some wine. We enjoy an evening of catching up. We talk of politics, recipes, children and grandchildren, travels, words, friends and plans.

We share each other's joys and pains, celebrations and life experiences. One woman, Kathy even delivered another participant's baby. It was planned, not a "Johnny-on-the-spot thing." That baby, Emily, is now in fifth grade.

At one dinner, Nancy, Emily's mother, was wearing a scarf/boa. When admired, she said Emily's older sister Mary had knit it. Nancy and Mary were both proud of it. I asked Mary to make me one. She agreed. then I thought, if she can do it, so can I.

That satori re-awakeded my love of knitting, and I haven't looked back.

Our evening was a fine one of food, wine and talk, and I brought my knitting. There was noticable progress made on the Multi-colored beaded scarf.



Worried that there were not going to be enough beads, I started doing the lacy part without the beads. It is like knitting at supersonic speed. Never realized how time those little guys used. I'll go back to the beads as the other end comes into view.

No comments: